Workers Compensation Accident Lawyer Case Results
Workers Compensation & Workplace Injury Case Results
The Following is a representative sample of our Workers Compensation settlements & verdicts:
- $1.5 million Award - A carpenter fell from an elevated platform while performing his normal duties. He sustained several herniations in his back.
- $685,000 Award - A cleaner fell while cleaning a commercial office. He suffered injuries to his knee and back.
- $280,000 settlement for union painter injured while working.
- $1.2 Million Award - A plasterer fell from a ladder while working. He suffered multiple bodily injuries, including injuries to his knee and shoulder.
- $1,800,000 Award - While using a 3′-to-4′ aluminum stepladder to paint the inside of a window frame in a classroom, the 48-year-old plaintiff fell from the ladder due to plywood that was on the floor because the floor was being renovated. Case settled after jury deliberation. The verdict was $4.2 million, but it was settled pursuant to high/low.
- $1,750,000 Award - While working in an apartment doing renovations, a 50-year-old painter was injured when the ladder he was using fell out from under him. He suffered injuries to his left shoulder, requiring surgery. The case was settled just prior to summation after 11 days of testimony. A loading ramp began to move unexpectedly, causing our client, a factory worker standing on a ramp, to fall and slam into a wall. He later suffered the amputation of his right thumb. We filed suit against both the property owner and the manufacturer of the loading ramp. Award: $1.25 million
- $1,200,000 Award - A 49-year-old painter working on a building in Manhattan was injured when the scaffolding he was standing on collapsed due to a broken wheel. He suffered injuries to his head, back, and left knee, requiring surgery. The case was settled after two days of trial testimony.
- $585,000 Award - An alarm and video installer, working at a new retail establishment in Nassau County, fell from his stepladder, landing first onto a collection of industrial coffee pots before hitting the ground. He suffered third-degree burns on his back and side and was hospitalized for more than three weeks.
- $225,000 Award - A 44-year-old theatrical worker was injured while preparing a stage for Victoria’s Secret fashion show when he fell through a gap between the stage and the floor due to carpeting installed over the gap. He suffered injuries to his left shoulder, requiring surgery. The case was settled before trial.