Construction Accident Case Results
$10.6 Million Won for Injured Construction Worker
$3.25 Million Won for Injured Carpenter
$11.3 Million Won for Injured Construction Worker
$4 Million Won For Assaulted Mall Vendor
Construction Accident Case Results
Case Results – Construction Accidents
The Following is a representative sample of our hundreds of Construction accident settlements & verdicts:
- $3.25 Million settlement for injured union carpenter.
- $300,000 settlement for an injured union carpenter who fell off a ladder.
- $280,000 settlement for union painter injured while working.
- $122,500 settlement for a union worker when he was rear-ended by another motor vehicle.
- $1.85 Million Award - A union-employed construction worker fell into a ditch while operating a wheelbarrow. The ditch was not properly supported and collapsed on him. He sustained injuries to his neck, back, and shoulder.
- $485,000 Award - Construction worker tripped and fell on the job site. He sustained injuries to his shoulder.
- $2.5 Million Award - A 34-year-old non-union electrician fell from a ladder and suffered a knee injury. Initially misdiagnosed, the injury did not heal properly, even after multiple surgeries. Our medical experts found that he had suffered permanent nerve damage to the knee.
- $10.6 Million Award. During three weeks of trial, Bisogno & Meyerson, LLC represented two workers who were severely burned by the chemicals used in the concrete they were handling.
- $2.3 Million Award - A 34-year-old man who was a steamfitter was working on a ladder on a New York City School Construction Authority project when the ladder gave way, and the plaintiff struck the ground. As a result of the fall, Plaintiff sustained shoulder, knee, and cervical injuries which required multiple surgical procedures. Case settled during a pending Summary Judgment motion.
- $1 Million Award - While working as a welder, a 45-year-old man was injured when he fell 13-16 feet off a high-low when it was moved out from underneath him, causing him to hit the ground. He suffered a left orbital blowout fracture requiring surgical intervention, fracture of his left ulna and radius, along with various other injuries.
- $985,000 Award - A 45-year-old carpenter, working at an Upper East Side luxury housing site, was standing on a stepladder and injured his back. He also suffered severe depression from the inability to work, as well as excruciating back pain.
- $985,000 Award - While putting up sheetrock using a six-foot A-frame ladder, a 46-year-old man fell off the ladder due to uneven flooring. As a result of the fall, he sustained injuries to his back, chest, and left arm. The case was settled immediately before the trial.
- $865,000 A Court of Claims Judge awarded - Plaintiff was working as a construction worker on a project rebuilding an overpass on the Southern State Parkway. A co-worker attempted to lower a concrete form to Plaintiff when the railing above him collapsed. The concrete form struck Plaintiff and pinned him on the ground. As a result, he sustained bulging discs in his neck and lower back.
- $775,000 Award - At a construction site for an auto dealership, a worker taping sheetrock sustained a scaffold injury. He fell when the unsecured scaffold he was standing on suddenly shifted. The 48-year-old laborer suffered a shoulder injury, and both of his knees were damaged.
- $660,000 Award - A 41-year-old elevator mechanic was injured on an NYCHA project in Brooklyn. There was no protective netting in place in the elevator shaft to protect workers below from falling objects. He was struck in the eye by the butt of a falling screwdriver. He suffers a partial loss of vision and color blindness.
- $410,000 Award - Plaintiff was a 53-year-old construction mechanic who was installing lights when he slipped and fell from an aluminum ladder due to the ladder’s lack of rubber footings for traction. Case settled after a ruling of the Appellate Division 2nd Department.