Brooklyn NYC Forklift Accident Lawyer
Staten Island and Brooklyn Accident Attorneys Specializing in forklift accident injuries resulting in forklift drivers Sustaining Serious Personal Injuries or Death as a forklift accident.
Lawyers in Brooklyn that Specialize in Forklift Accidents
At Bisogno & Meyerson, LLP., we are Brooklyn attorneys who can help you recover the compensation you deserve for your Forklift accident injuries. We have a long history of success in representing hardworking men and women who sustained on-the-job construction forklift accident injuries caused by all types of negligent situations, including:
- Forklift Tipping over
- Employees or Pedestrians Being Hit by Forklifts.
- Loads Falling off the Forklift.
- Improperly Using the Forklift to Elevate People.
- Accidentally Driving the Forklift off the Loading Dock.
- Failing to Have the Necessary Tools for Safe Forklift Operation
- Failure to Adequately Perform Forklift Maintenance to Avoid the Malfunctioning of Brakes, Hydraulic Transmission and Steering.
- Missing or Malfunctioning Forklift Safety Devices Such As Rollover Protection Systems.
- Improper Workplace Design for Operating a Forklift Such As Narrow or Crowded Aisles, Vision Obstructions, Poor Lighting, and Loud Noise.
- Missing Forklift Attachments or Devices.
- Employees Struck by Falling Load.
- Employees Struck by Powered Forklifts.
- Falls from Forklift.
- Failure of the Operator to Properly Control the Forklift.
- Overloading the Forklift.
- Proper Use of the Forklift.
There are human factors that sometimes contribute to forklift accident injuries, such as:
- Improperly trained forklift operators or drivers that stop, turn, and park improperly, also contribute to forklift accidents, failing to communicate with pedestrians around the forklift, providing rides and playing around on the forklift.
- Pedestrian employees often work under fast-paced, stressful conditions, as they move quickly around to meet orders or complete projects, which can, and unfortunately do, come into contact with a forklift, causing them serious personal injuries, such as crushed limbs, musculoskeletal, spinal cord, brain injuries. Unfortunately, forklift accidents occasionally result in wrongful death Prevention of Forklift Accidents
- A forklift load may be too heavy, may be unstable, or may obstruct vision, creating conditions for an accident. The forklift truck itself may be in poor condition because of inadequate maintenance. Mechanical failures like malfunctioning brakes and clutch can create unsafe driving conditions for the forklift operator and can endanger other workers.
- Without adequate training in safe forklift operation, a forklift operator may adopt poor techniques such as dangerous turning and backing methods, improper parking, and failure to warn others about the presence of the forklift nearby. Failing to properly communicate between forklift operators and pedestrian employees, and visitors, while a forklift is being operated, especially in a confined space, also leads to accidents.
- As your attorneys, Bisogno & Meyerson, LLP, can explain your forklift accident options in detail. We are here to help you, whether you were injured as a driver operator, pedestrian worker, or as a visitor to a place where a forklift caused you serious personal injury.
A Brooklyn Forklift Accident Lawyer That Will Get You The Compensation That You Deserve
When you or somebody you care about has been injured in an accident, your bottom line is getting justice, by getting the compensation you deserve, so you can heal — while also ensuring financial security for you and your family. We have Won over 100 Million Dollars for Seriously Injured New York City Personal Injury Accident Victims. At Bisogno & Meyerson, LLC, Since 1994, we have served personal injury clients in Brooklyn, Staten Island, and throughout New York City. Our highly related Forklift accident law firm has helped secure some of the largest settlements in New York, including a $10 million verdict for an injured worker. But while we have established a track record of success, the only thing that really matters is what we can do to help you. Our motto is that we do one thing and we do it well. Our commitment is to helping injured people, whether through obtaining a personal injury settlement or getting you your workers’ compensation benefits.
Our Brooklyn Accident Lawyers Deliver Results for Forklift Injury Victims
Forklift Workers Third-Party Accident Claims
If the injuries from your work area forklift accident were caused by the negligence or reckless behavior of someone other than your employer or co-worker, for example, if you are dealing with a forklift and a part malfunctions due to a defect in manufacturing of the forklift, that forklift manufacturing company could be liable in a personal injury product liability action, for injuries sustained from the forklift accident, and you may also be entitled to file a personal injury claim against the forklift company, through what is known as a third-party-liability claim. You can file a personal injury claim for your injuries sustained in the forklift accident, in addition to collecting workers compensation. This allows you to recover damages including pain and suffering, loss of consortium and other compensation that is not recoverable under New York workers compensation laws.
Experience our Excellent Excavation Accident and Worker’s Compensation Brooklyn Personal Injury Law Firm
Because our practice is focused on serving clients who have been seriously injured in forklift accidents, we concentrate all our skills, experience, doctors, experts, engineers, and other resources on doing whatever it takes to maximize your recovery of damages. That means, for example, if you were a forklift operator in a warehouse your safety gear failed due to a manufacturers defect, we will investigate your work-related forklift accident free of charge, and seek out every potentially liable party — including not just the owners and supervisors of the forklift work site, but also those who may be responsible for the manufacture and inspection of defective forklift safety gear, or negligence by maintenance providers, and even any government agency, and other parties, responsible for such things as inspections, design, maintenance, and other negligence, causing the forklift accident. We take every forklift accident case very seriously. No detail is too small, no question too insignificant, and no case or adversary too large for us to tackle. Yet, while we are tough on liable parties and insurance companies, you can rest assured that you will be treated with the utmost respect and compassion.
At our Brooklyn and Staten Island injury law firm, the philosophy is simple:
Your Job and a Third-Party May be Liable To You For Your Injuries
In New York, including the metropolitan area, if one is injured while operating a forklift, on-the-job, in the normal course of your employment, through your own actions, or those of a co-worker, you are covered by workers compensation, which your employer is required by law to provide. For example, if your employer is a warehouse company, operating a forklift, that would entitle you to workers compensation benefits, which in fact, often does not cover all your medical and other related expenses. However, if you received personal injuries from a forklift accident that was caused by the negligence or reckless behavior of someone other than your employer or co-worker, for example, if someone was working in a warehouse and the brakes on a forklift owned and operated by another contractor, was overloaded, and rolled over causing you a fractured leg, they could be liable. in a personal injury forklift accident injury case, for injuries that you sustained in your accident, and you may also be entitled to file a personal injury claim against the forklift company through what is known as a third-party-liability claim. You can file a personal injury claim for your injuries sustained in forklift accident, in addition to collecting workers compensation. This allows you to recover damages including pain and suffering, loss of consortium and other compensation that is not recoverable under New York workers compensation laws.
Investigate Your Forklift Accident For Free & Learn Your Options
As forklift accident personal injury attorneys who also are experts in workers compensation law, we have the experience and expertise to coordinate any construction forklift accident cases and/or claims for you no matter where you live or in what New York State county, city or town you sustained your forklift injury. As your attorneys, we can explain your forklift accident options in detail. We are here to help you, whether you were injured as a forklift operator or worker or as a visitor to an area where forklifts are being utilized. At Bisogno & Meyerson, LLP, we give you 100 percent of our attention, consideration, and effort, 100 percent of the time. And that is how we plan to get you 100 percent of the compensation you deserve when you have been injured as the result of someone else’s negligence or reckless behavior. To schedule a free consultation with one of our skilled forklift accident personal injury attorneys, please contact us online or call us at 718.745.0880. We arrange Home or hospital visits. All of our injury cases are taken on a contingency basis— so if we don’t win, you don’t pay a dime! That’s our guarantee to you! Our accident lawyers speak Spanish, French, and Portuguese. To schedule a free consultation to discuss your legal options, please contact us online or call us at 718.745.0880. We are also available to make home or hospital visits.
NY Construction Labor Law 240 and OSHA
At Fast 90 day case filing limits apply in some casesACT FAST & CALL US NOW! DO NOT LOSE YOUR CHANCE TO BRING A LAW SUIT FOR YOUR SERIOUS PERSONAL INJURIES: Personal injury accident claims against the City of New York and other NY State and local government entities, including the MTA (Mass Transit Association), and others, have different filing requirements, that an accident victim must follow in starting a personal injury lawsuit against private defendants. To preserve your right to bring a lawsuit for your personal injuries, accident victims, must comply with special rules, including the filing of a written formal notice of Claim (NOC) within 90 days of the incident, the only exceptions being catastrophic disability or death.
Additional Consideration under New York’s Labor Laws
New York provides additional protection for construction area fall workers under several sections of the State Labor Laws. These include: N.Y. LAB. LAW § 200 : NY Code – Section 200: General duty to protect health and safety of employees; enforcement may make a property owner or contractor liable for an injury that occurred as a result of a hazardous condition of which they were aware or should have been aware. Section 240, called the “scaffold law,” states that a contractor or property owner (excluding owners of single- or two-family private homes not in direct control of the work being performed) is responsible for providing proper and non-defective safety devices to protect workers who perform their jobs from an elevated position. Section 241-6 states that property owners and, in some cases, general contractors are responsible for providing a safe working environment, including safety equipment, and cannot delegate that responsibility. As your attorneys, we can explain your construction area fall area fall options in detail. We are here to help you, whether you were injured as a construction area fall worker or as a visitor to a construction area fall site.